How difficult is it to use a Mighty Pizza Oven?
It’s very easy, if you can grill burgers, you can cook with the Mighty Pizza Oven. It just takes 4 simple steps. Take a look:
- Remove the bottom stone from the Mighty Pizza Oven (round stone usually is stored inside the mighty oven when it is not in use) and leave the top stone in place on the lower level. If you desire lesser intense heat, remove the top stone and place it on the bottom shelf when baking pizza and on the middle top shelf when grilling or baking bread).
- Place the Oven on the grill and preheat the top stone for 10 to 15 minutes with all the burners on high. (Under Mighty Pizza oven only)
- Place the bottom stone under the Mighty Pizza Oven, directly on the grill grates and preheat for another 10 to 15 minutes. To test if the bottom stone is hot enough for baking, sprinkle a couple of drops of water onto the stone. The water should evaporate instantly. We hope to create short video to show you how.
- Once the oven has reached its operating temperature, tilt the cover up (make sure you are using mitten or heat resistant glove) and place the pizza to be cooked directly on the bottom stone.
- You will find that a pizza will take between 4 to 5 minutes maximum to cook, depending on your pizza thickness and number of ingredient you used and your grill heat source. You can control the temperature of the Mighty Pizza Oven by opening and closing the vents. The wider you open the vents, the hotter the Oven will cook.
- You will need to rotate your pizza while cooking to obtain even browning all around you pizza rim and to prevent over cooking one side.
- When your pizza is done, retrieve it, and you’re ready to cook the next one!
That’s all there is to it.
- To achieve and maintain a higher temperature, you can cover the unused part of the grill grates with aluminum foil. This will direct heat better into the Mighty Pizza Oven.
- You may need to turn down the heat a bit if you find that the pizza bottom is getting burned before the top part of the pizza is properly cooked.
- We highly recommend using an IR thermometer gun to check the temperature of the stones.
- A pizza peel could be a bit tricky to use at first. You will need some practice and we will help you with few tips to make it easier.
- Position MPO on your 3+ burners gas grill as per per the diagram below (for 2 burners grill, center MPO over the 2 burners):
Important safety note:
- When the oven is not being used, store the square stone at the lower level and store the round stone on top of it. Make sure to secure the stones by closing the back cover carefully, to prevent them from accidentally sliding out. These stones are heavy and may cause injury or be damaged if dropped.
- To prevent grease fire, make sure you clean your grill before placing Mighty Pizza Oven on your grill especially if you cover the unused part of the grill grates with aluminum foil.
Post Tagged with pizza oven