In this section, you’ll find important safety tips you should read and follow before purchasing or operating your Mighty Pizza Oven.
What safety tips & precautions must I take while operating a grill?
- Position the grill well away from siding, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Place the grill at a safe distance from lawn games, play areas and foot traffic.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area: declare a three-foot “safe zone” around the grill.
- Put out several long-handled grilling tools to give the chef plenty of clearance from heat and flames when flipping burgers.
- Periodically remove grease or fat buildup in trays below grill so it cannot be ignited by a hot grill.
- High-risk times for gas grills are when you first use one that has been left idle or just after you refill and reattach the grill’s gas container. Read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions when connecting or disconnecting LP gas containers.
- Check the tubes that lead into the burner to make sure they aren’t blocked by bugs or grease. Use a pipe cleaner or wire to clear blockage and push it through to the main part of the burner.
- Check grill hoses for cracking, brittleness, holes, and leaks. Make sure there are no sharp bends in the hose or tubing.
- Move gas hoses as far away as possible from hot surfaces and dripping hot grease. If you can’t move the hoses, install a heat shield to protect them.
- Replace scratched or nicked connectors, which can eventually leak gas.
- Never use a grill indoors. Use the grill at least 10 feet away from your house or any building. Do not use the grill in a garage, breezeway, carport, porch, or under a surface that can catch fire.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions that accompany the grill.
- Be careful when storing LP gas containers. Keep them upright. Never store a spare gas container under or near the grill or indoors. Never store or use flammable liquids, like gasoline, near the grill.
- Transport the LP gas container in a secure, upright position. Never keep a filled container in a hot car or car trunk. Heat will cause the gas pressure to increase, which may open the relief valve and allow gas to escape.
- Check the gas cylinder hose and tank valve for leaks before using it for the first time each year. A light soap and water solution applied to the hose and valve will quickly reveal escaping propane by releasing bubbles. If you determine your grill has a gas leak, by smell or the soapy bubble test, and there is no flame, turn off the gas tank and grill. If the leak stops, get the grill serviced by a professional before using it again. If the leak does not stop, call the fire department.
- If you smell gas while cooking, immediately get away from the grill and call the fire department. Don’t try to move the grill.
- If you have a charcoal grill, remember that this type of fuel produces carbon monoxide (CO) when it is burned. CO is a colorless, odorless gas that can accumulate to toxic levels in closed environments. Never burn charcoal inside of homes, vehicles, tents, or campers. Since charcoal produces CO fumes until the charcoal is completely extinguished, do not store the grill indoors with freshly used coals.
- Purchase the proper starter fluid and store the can out of reach of children, and away from heat sources.
- Never add charcoal starter fluid when coals or kindling have already been ignited, and never use any flammable or combustible liquid other than charcoal starter fluid to get the fire going.
What safety tips & precautions must I take while using the Mighty Pizza Oven?
- The entire Mighty Pizza Oven gets hot, so proper care must be taken to use hot pads or mittens when lifting Mighty Pizza Oven’s cover to place or remove your pizza. Take the same precautions as you would with any other cooking process.
- The oven weighs about 20 pounds, so make sure to use proper lifting technique when moving the oven to and from the grill.
- The pizza stones used with Mighty Pizza Oven are durable, but may break or chip if dropped. Handle it carefully.
- When you have finished cooking, carefully remove the pizza. Wear heat-resistant oven mitts and use a pizza peel or other long-handled utensil.
- When you are not using Mighty Pizza Oven, store the round bottom pizza stone inside the Mighty Pizza Oven above the square stone.
- Store the mighty pizza oven in your grill’s insert storage area (if equipped) or in an enclosed area where it will not be exposed to the elements.
What safety tips & precautions you would like to share with us?
Post Tagged with safety tips